Busy Black Friday for Hermes
05 December 2017
Hermes handled in excess of 4.8 million parcels over Black Friday Weekend to date after, utilising its new £31m Midlands Super Hub in Rugby.
The delivery firm:
- Saw 7% percent growth in volumes compared to the same period last year.
- Handled 9.1 million parcels during the seven days following Black Friday.
- Saw its consumer ‘communication’ score rise from 8.2 to 8.9.
- Saw ‘timeliness of couriers’ rise to 8.9, up from 8.6 in November 2016.
- The score for parcels left in a ‘safe place’ grew from 8.4 to 8.7.
Martijn de Lange, CEO at Hermes, said: “We are extremely proud that our NPS scores have significantly improved, whilst handling substantially more parcels than last year, we have also improved the experience we are delivering.”
In addition to Rugby, the company added 85 sub depots to its network, while recruiting an extra 4,500 temporary self-employed couriers to fulfil deliveries. Hermes has also added 490 trailers to its fleet, as well as 230 additional depot vehicles and 160 tractor units.