DHL’s Simon Woodward to present at Tomorrow’s Warehouse
10 November 2021
The Tomorrow’s Warehouse event will explore key issues for logistics professionals at a time of unprecedented change at the CBS Arena in Coventry on November 30.
Tech-led logistics pioneer Simon Woodward, Head of Accelerated Digitalization and Innovation, UK & I at DHL will talk attendees through DHL’s Digitalisation journey as part of the Automation session.
There is sure to be much to learn as Simon explains the leading 3PL’s approach to picking robots, collaborative robots and much else.
Key points of the presentation are:
- Major industry trends lead to Digitalization as a response.
- DHL’s strategy is underpinned by Digitalization with the objective of enhancing customer experience, employee experience and increasing operational efficiency.
- DHL’s Digitization strategy covers a wide range of products that will transform supply chains.
- Share practical examples of how robotics and automation have been implemented in existing warehouse operations will be the focus with case studies on:
- Assisted picking robots supporting item level picking for e-commerce and retail.
- Collaborative robot arms carrying out pick and place tasks, often for consumer goods.
- Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) working in a fast-paced automotive warehouse.
Simon leads DHL’s Digitalization programme to deliver innovative digital products in warehouse and transport operations across the UK and Ireland. He has 20 years of logistics experience gained from roles in operations, sales and marketing, IT and product development.
For more information and to register free for the Tomorrow’s Warehouse Event go to - https://tomorrowswarehouse.live/