Lithium-ion battery joint venture to boost production
21 February 2019
Jungheinrich and Triathlon have founded joint venture JT Energy Systems, which is focused on the production and recycling of lithium-ion battery systems.
Jungheinrich holds a 70% share in the joint venture with Triathlon taking the remaining 30%. The company is due to begin operations in August 2019. JT Energy Systems intends to create around 100 new jobs at the plant in Germany in the next few years.
The aim of the joint venture is for the two companies to expand their production capacities and to further develop technological expertise. JT Energy will supply products to both companies.