Matalan upgrades WMS to capitalise on eComm growth
07 January 2021
Retailer Matalan has upgraded its version of WMS with Manhattan Associates in response to growth in its eComm business, and to build guaranteed capacity to meet peak trading demand.
The retailer has 230 stores in the UK, a franchise operation in Europe and the Middle East, and an online business that offers home delivery and click-and-collect from stores.
Matalan and Manhattan Associates have been partners since 2002 and have worked to grow and evolve their WMS footprint to support the retailer’s evolving business.
In order to upgrade ageing technology and handle increasing DC volumes, Matalan needed to implement a major upgrade remotely during COVID-19 lockdown.
Through rigorous planning and collaboration between teams, the retailer upgraded its version of Manhattan Associates WMS, leading to increased capacity, faster store replenishment, and more flexible online delivery options for customers.
The project was delivered on time and under budget. The retailer now has the flexibility to manage orders through any channel. Reduced downtime for maintenance has led to an extra hour of eComm production.
For more information, visit www.manh.com
The pandemic, Brexit and the longer term trend of eCommerce mean warehousing and logistics operations are changing fast. Get up to speed and get insight on innovative solutions you can use to revamp your operations.
- The "New normal" - AMRs in a time of disruption - Denis Niezgoda, VP Europe, Locus Robotics
- Saving space and boosting productivity - Martin McVicar, MD, Combilift
- ‘Off the Shelf’ automated solutions within 3 months - Shane Faulkner, Head of Sales, Swisslog
- Do the detail in eFulfillment - Nick Fox, Head of Logistics - Europe, at fashion retailer Theory
- Warehouse Property: Aftershock and pre-Peak - Kevin Mofid, Head of Industrial Research, Savills