The Port of Tilbury has created the UK Paper Hub brand
15 September 2020
The brand brings together existing capabilities to emphasise an 'all-in-one' offering to the paper sector.
It covers Tilbury’s handling, storage and distribution services for paper and related forest products (including graphical papers and newsprint, packaging paper and board, tissue and hygiene products, and pulp). It brings together the expertise and facilities of the paper handling terminals, previously known as Enterprise Distribution Centre (EDC) and London Paper Terminal (LPT), which the port owns and operates.
The port has ordered six new side shifting Terberg tugs and six Novatech translifters, in partnership with supplier Briggs Equipment which will all be in place by the end of the year. The new style of translifters were specifically chosen to enhance operational flexibility and efficiency for UK Paper Hub.
Tilbury’s newest port, Tilbury2, opened in May and along with London Container Terminal, offers the Hub further connections and capacity for customers.
- Handling expertise of packaging papers and boards, graphical papers, tissue and hygiene products, pulp, other specialty paper and board products
- Capability of handling packages (reels, bails, pallets) of all sizes and currently up to 7 tonnes in weight
- Accommodates various shipping methods: Lo-Lo, Sto-Ro, Ro-Ro, side port, containerised (including SECU - Stora Enso Container Units), trailer (IBR)
- Dedicated Lo-Lo and Ro-Ro berths with direct access to purpose-built facilities (manual and automated warehousing) and extensive undercover canopy space
- Diverse portfolio of bespoke paper handling plant and equipment, including custom designed intelligent clamp systems
- IT systems including transparent warehouse management systems; capability to support and integrate with all data exchange platforms; access to a custom built haulier portal and delivery alert system
- Onsite trailer parking bays equipped to handle preloading operations and undercover loading, securing, and strapping areas
- AEO approved, ISPS secured sites, CCTV coverage and protected by The Port of Tilbury Police on site
- Access to value added services including customs clearance; onsite refurbishment; and haulage
For more information, visit www.ukpaperhub.forthports.co.uk