Peel Group buys up Liverpool John Lennon Airport
24 April 2014
Liverpool John Lennon Airport has announced a change to the structure of its ownership.
The Peel Group, which previously held a 35% shareholding in Vantage Airports UK, the current owners, has reached an agreement to acquire the remaining 65% stake.
This change of ownership is effective immediately and Peel will now become the sole owner of the Airport Company.
Matthew Thomas, CEO of Liverpool John Lennon Airport said: "The Airport is a key project in Peel’s Ocean Gateway programme, which will see £50 billion of investment in the North West.”