Home>Industry Sector>Distribution>Hornby Hobbies new warehouse suited for eCommerce
Home>Warehouse Storage>Racking & shelving>Hornby Hobbies new warehouse suited for eCommerce
Home>Industry Sector>Retail/E-tail>Hornby Hobbies new warehouse suited for eCommerce

Hornby Hobbies new warehouse suited for eCommerce

28 October 2014

Hornby Hobbies has moved its warehouse to new facilities in Hersden, Canterbury which will be run by DS Logistics.

The new warehouse comprises 100,000 square feet, 60% of which is racked and capable of holding 7,000 pallets. The remaining 40% is set up as a pick & pack operation that includes internet despatch and space for re-works.

There is three loading bays and a large yard to the back of the warehouse for container unloading to avoid road congestion into the site.



Supply chain director Red McKay, said: "The warehouse move was a smooth operation with virtually no disruption to customer deliveries and we are on a programme of continual improvement to continue deliver a great service. We are extremely pleased to be able to confirm that all permanent Hornby staff employed as part of the distribution warehouse team were offered a transfer to the new site.”

Richard Ames, CEO added: "The move enables Hornby Hobbies to improve upon turnaround times and creates an infrastructure that provides a platform for growth while improving our service to both consumers and customers.”