Home >Popularity of Driver Crisis Summit shows extent of concern over shortages
Popularity of Driver Crisis Summit shows extent of concern over shortages
19 February 2015
People wanting to attend the FTA Driver Crisis Summit are on a waiting list for places – as over 600 delegates have already registered to be there.
The FTA Summit takes place on Thursday 12 March at the Ricoh Stadium, Coventry.
The event will bring together government officials, professional HR advisors and experienced operators to work towards solutions to the current driver crisis.
Subjects to be covered include:
- How big is the problem?
- What were operators’ experiences in the run-up to Christmas?
- Government perceptions of professional driving
- Barriers to putting drivers on the road
- What do we need to do? What can we learn from others
- How do we make the industry more attractive
- How do we keep the drivers we have got?
- Broadening the appeal of driving
The programme of speakers includes:
- Ian Stansfield, Director of Distribution, ASDA
- Julian Thompson, Managing Director, 24/7 Staffing
- Sam Geddis, UK Managing Director, Cornmarket Insurance Services;
- Adrian Jones, National Officer, Unite
- Jennie Pittam, Career Transition Partnership (CTP)
- Steve Granite, Abbey Logistics
- Sally Gilson, FTA’s Skills Policy Development Manager